Monday, January 18, 2010

Mom = Can you take care of this?

When did the title mom equal how do you spell this, or do you know where this or that is? Can you tell me how to?... or Is there something to eat?.... or is there any chocolate around here? I don't remember the time when I only had to think for only myself. Now it seems I need to think not only for myself but for every other person in my family. I have tried to help my children find their own shoes, by replying to their question with the answer I am sorry I have not worn them lately. They hate that answer, in fact they now preface every question with don't say you haven't worn them, but do you know where my shoes are? The funny thing about this mom phenomenon is that even in college, younger students come up to me for help. It even happens in stores, more often than not, I have to help others find something they are looking for.

Am I the only one that has this happen to them?

5 comments:

derkhead said...

Who always receives the most presents for Christmas?

Oh yes, I remember it is YOU!

Small House said...

Mike told me that the reason people talk to me in the stores is because I make eye contact. DON'T MAKE EYE CONTACT!!!

I am looking for....
Sandra

Janalee, Ryan, Emilee said...

I think that the kindness you show to others is a great example of the Savior's love. Don't let this characteristic be a bother, but don't let others take advantage (aka children, husband, and sister). You are always so organized and this can also become a burden for those of us that lack this skill. Just keep on plugging along and I know that your boys will someday have wives that will have to find there keys, wallets, glasses, and shoes! For your husband, I don’t know the fix, trust if I knew I would share!

Lori said...

My standard pat answer is...look with your eyes not with your mouth. They hate that as well. I also have people ask me questions in stores. Mostly strange people that I am afraid of. Recently I applied for a mission and for college. Sadly neither of these applications were for myself. Where do I get help? Oh yeah......Mom!

Jennie said...

Ugh. My kids are all little and by the end of the day I am exhausted from thinking for 5 people. (My hubby is no better than the kids!) This is probably my least favorite thing about being a mom, and I was hoping they'd grow out of it! Darn.