Monday, June 15, 2009

I may be in my 40's but I am still a little girl at heart!!!







When I was a little girl, or maybe a little older, or maybe in my 40's I have always loved paper dolls. I still have one of my sets from my childhood. I was in Idaho taking care of my mom and during her physical therapy I went over to the little fabric store on main street. While there I saw these, I squealed a little bit and now have them all ready for someone to play with. I am sure there will be a lot of fun to be had with these cute treasures. I cut them all apart and fused them to felted wool, I fused the dolls to a heavy duty product you would use to make the bottom of a bag. I know my girls will make fun of me, but I know my little nieces will love to play with Aunt Shauna!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when I was little I use to cut models out of magazines, and then cut out different outfits for them. The ones you have are so cute. Was it Abbotts that you purchased these? My girls would love them for church.

deerhollow said...

Paper dolls are just the best! I loved drawing my own when I was little. You did a great job with these little sweeties!!

Lisa said...

What a sweet thing...I should pick up some myself, I have such great memories of my own paper dolls.

Lori said...

Nieces? What time can I come over?!

Small House said...

Shauna I just love these!!!!! I'd want to spread them out across my piano so I could look at them!!
Hope everything is going well at your house!!
Sandra