Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference Tradition

We love conference at this house. I have a tradition of making Monkey Bread for Sunday morning breakfast and if I forget one of the children will remind me. Thanks Josh!!!

Here is the recipe: (I couldn't get a pic before they were devoured)

1 pkg. Pillsbury biscuits
3 T Butter
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/3 C. Brown sugar
2 T water

Melt the above ingredients and pour over the biscuits. Cut the biscuits in fourths and place in a greased pan. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

I usually multiply this by 3 or even 4 and a pizza cutter works really fast on cutting the dough.

I guess I have had kitchen withdrawals because besides the monkey bread I made Taco Soup, 2 loaves of chocolate zucchini bread and 2 loaves of regular zucchini bread. I made enough to put some in the freezer for later and I have a ham ready for Monday with some baked potatoes fresh from Idaho.

Conference was good as usual and I always feel ready to face the world afterwords. My favorite funny was when the Bishop had to be called to get the 80 year old off the ladder, I hope I always serve with that much gusto!!!

Have a good week and try to turn on your oven it not only feeds your family but feeds your soul.

3 comments:

Small House said...

Gooey, sticky, YUM!!!
Hope you enjoyed your weekend.
Sandra

Jess. said...

How come you never make monkey bread when I'm around?! I hope you froze some for my return. I think, as the oldest, I deserve a cooking fiesta. An extravaganza if you will.

Lori said...

We started a tradition this year. It is called crying. We were excited because we would get to watch conference without arguing with Blake about staying awake. He would close his eyes appear to be sleeping but could recite the talk when asked. John, Shyenne and I cried through several talks missing Blake more than we wanted or dared to admit. This is an awesome but difficult journey. Hang on your turn is coming. I loved the talk by Elder Andersen. He accompanied Blake to Paris. I am grateful that my son is having these amazing opportunities even at the expense of my own heartache. It will be rough but the pain is worth it. Take care. I love you.