Thursday, April 16, 2009

LUCKY

I won "Block Jack" at quilt guild yesterday, the rules are simple: make a block put your name in the hat and walk away with enough blocks to make a quilt. Now I have played a couple of times and have not won, but yesterday everything changed. I WON!!! A little back story, my friends and family think I always win, I disagree, I have yet to win the publisher's sweepstakes or the HGTV's Dream Home, but I will keep entering.


I have been in Oklahoma for 8 days taking care of my sister's children. I had a blast and we did a lot of things along with the regular amount of things that are involved with taking care of 5 children. We made Easter skirts, Easter eggs, went to the movies and read a lot of books (my favorite). I am so glad that my mom and Hayden were with me. I love my family even if they may be older than Yoda or smell like an elephant's cage.



I will miss seeing Nate, Nick, Makena, Emilee, and Alana every day but when they move to Yakima I hope we can see each other more often.

5 comments:

Small House said...

Glad you're back and had a great time!!! Cute kids. I'm one hundred percent sure they had a blast with you. AND...Yes, I do think your mom and Hayden will forgive you eventually. :)

Hey, let's me and my husband, and you and your husband get together for a Saturday night dinner somewhere!!!! NO KIDS! We banned taking kids out to dinner last week. It will only last for a week, but I'm taking advantage of it while we're on it.

Have a great day.
Sandra

Small House said...

Darn...I forgot to tell you YIPPEE for winning. And you do win everything.
AGAIN...BYE

deerhollow said...

No need to let everyone know you were on the back row chanting "I'm gonna win! I'm gonna win!" while those around were prepared with their fingers in their ears! With the whoop she let out, you would have thought she was just called to come on down at the Price is Right!! That's why we love you, Shauna. Spunk.....and your GOOD LUCK!!

Lori said...

Congratulations on your big win! I am not sure what I would do with quilt blocks. Possibly hot glue them to my headboard. Please tell Bart and Josh thanks a million for coming to the farewell. I truly appreciated it. I love you and your family!

Janalee, Ryan, Emilee said...

When do I see the finished quilt? Thanks again for coming and holding down the fort!