Thursday, September 3, 2009

Get your homework done!!!

Oh how times have changed around my house. Gone are the days of me telling my children to get their homework done and now I hear Josh say, "Mom, come on let's get your homework done!" He is being so patient with me. My teacher, Mr. Hoggan, has been kind and patient as well. Wish me luck for my first real quiz tomorrow.

Remember when you had to use a notebook and pen/pencil to take notes, now students are using laptops more often. I am noticing that a lot of them are on facebook and e-mail accounts just as often as those taking additional notes with the teacher's PowerPoint.
Oh yeah, now it is suggested to print the PowerPoint presentations and bring them to class and use these as your note outlines. Mrs. Marriot would be discouraged with this, she taught me how to outline notes in the 7th grade.

I now have more empathy for my children and the stresses they face. I am trying to let some of the things I use to worry about go and keep my eye on the big picture. I am headed to my family reunion. There is about 100 of us and most will be there. My grandma looks forward to this all year long and it is such a joy to catch up with everyone. Too bad I will probably have to do a little homework while I am away.

2 comments:

deerhollow said...

Best of Luck!! I send every ounce I have your way!!
Hope we get to talk in person one of these days!!

Small House said...

Life will never be the same for you, these next four years!!! Hope your quiz went well.
And have fun at your Family Reunion. I hope you can enjoy it without worrying about studying.
Sandra