Monday, January 26, 2009

Beautiful Women
















I have been blessed with many beautiful women in my life. Let me introduce you to some of them. First there's Grandma Walker, she is 84 now and still is a VERY CLASSY LADY!!! Her house is darling, she still has a closet full of clothes we all fight over when she get bored with and I have always known she loves me. Next meet my Aunt Linda, everyone needs an aunt like her. I once wrote a paper in college about how I fantasized about running away to her house. She is kind, giving and VERY LOVING. She has a killer sense of humor and has taught me laughter can help with lots of things. I have another aunt that I don't have a photo of her name is Aunt Marilyn. I love her and have been blessed to always know, if mom wasn't home she would always take care of me and my siblings, she is beautiful and has always been an example of many things to me.

Next meet my MOM, I have always wanted to be like her when I grow up. She is kind, loving and oh so patient. She made our home one filled with love and laughter. She has taught me to love and appreciate all things beautiful. She can sew anything and everyone thinks she can fix any sewing project. Our home has always been a place we choose to go to even when we are adults. The fridge usually has a diet coke and if it doesn't town is not that far. I could go on and on, but as my siblings and children will tell you I get emotional easily and when I think about these women I could weep with gratitude for all the things they have done for me.

4 comments:

Janalee, Ryan, Emilee said...

What a tribute. It makes me oh so grateful that I can try and emulate these amazing women. Are you like Barbara Walters and trying to make me cry today?!

Small House said...

Such great women to have in your life! And what a sweet tribute to your mom. (You are like her you know!)
Have a great day.

Lori said...

Love the tributes. I absolutely agree with you. We are blessed!

Lisa Brown said...

So, it's true. I am telling your brother that you have finally admitted that you want to be just like your mom! Now if we can just get deann and Jana to do the same, my circle will be complete. I am glad to see you amongst the bloggers. I was happy to find your site. Love ya tons. By the way, even though you are a lot like your mom, you are also a lot like your dad, and surprise, a little like you. We love you shaun.