Monday, May 25, 2009

I am back

I have been away helping my parents in Idaho, mom had a complete knee replacement and dad has not been feeling well. She is doing really well and is talking about having her other knee done as soon as the doctor will let her.


While I was away my oldest daughter, Jessica turned 23. I can't believe I have been blessed to be her mom. She is beautiful, sassy, talented, bright, well read, travels the world and a little bit bull headed. She can make all of her dreams come true. She has come home to Utah for Hayden's graduation and all ready she can't shake the "kid" from following her. I wish she would sing more and share her talent with others. She happens to be the shortest in the family, but I think she kind of likes it because her younger sister often gets mistaken for being the oldest. When they were both in high school, Jessica often was the protector of her little, big sister. Jessica is the oldest grand-daughter and the first great grandchild on my side of the family. She has been to Switzerland, Germany, Egypt, Italy, Abu-Daubi, Dubai, Austria, and has traveled much of the United States and she is only 23. I am so happy to be her mom and hope we can giggle together for the next 23 years.

1 comment:

Small House said...

Oh my goodness Shauna. Where did the time go?

Hope you enjoyed your stay with your mom. Knowing you to, I'm sure you did, knee replacement or not.
Sandra