Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Do-Over

I hope all of you women in my life had a great mother's day, but for me I need a do-over. Adrienne made a surprise visit and made curry, but she brought her laundry and needed me to pay for a few things. I loved her visit. Jessica made a nice phone call. Hayden wrote me a beautiful note and Josh, well as he said, "I got nothin' for you, but you know I love you and I don't want to do the dishes. Bart, bless his heart, was/is quite sick and the dog jumped off the bed injuring his other back leg. Primary was a bust with missing teachers and no singing leader. I am not in need of a dramatic production because I have a great family, but maybe next year I could have my toenails painted fire engine red, curl up with a new book, and even have someone else cook for that day.

So to all of you Happy Mother's Day????

3 comments:

derkhead said...

It's not always about you.

Janalee, Ryan, Emilee said...

I think that you did get the dramatic production. Maybe next year you could go for the simple life! Didn't you have any nuggets in the freezer?

Kristy said...

Isn't that what Mother's Day is all about. One day a year that you are reminded over and over of how lucky you are to be a Mother? Did I say lucky? I agree with you for next year. OH! By the way I have two words for you Pizza Hut. Love Ya