Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Let them eat Cake

I don't know when or where that saying came from but sometimes you just need CAKE. At our house the cake of choice is "Very Best Chocolate Cake". I grew up having this cake and I think it is the only chocolate cake to make when you need that comfort that only cake can bring. If my camera picked this up you would notice that the page is spotted, spilled on and torn.




I like how I can make this cake as a sheet cake or in a 9x13 pan.



Here is the recipe:

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup veg. oil
2 eggs
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup boiling water
1 cup buttermilk

Combine and place in greased and floured 9x13 pan. Bake @ 350 for 40 minutes. For a sheet pan bake for about 20 minutes.





Enjoy and don't forget sometimes you just need some CAKE!!!

4 comments:

Small House said...

I actually like to have my cake and eat it to! And this cake we will be eating. YUM!
I love this blogging thing. It helps me keep up with you. HOW'S THE JOB COMING?
Have a great day.
Sandra

Janalee, Ryan, Emilee said...

I once saw ryan eat half of mom's sheet cake one night at her house. This cake is that good! Some days you even need it for breakfast.

Jess. said...

Ah man! Why would you post pictures when you know I'm not able to partake in it's glory?

deerhollow said...

yummy!!!!! I'd take a piece of that with a cold glass of milk!!