Sunday, March 1, 2009

Eagle's Nest

Tonight Hayden was awarded his Eagle, one of the highest honors as a boy scout. I know I am his mom and all, but I am really proud of him. He went on this journey starting as a scrawny little 12 year old, often not knowing what to expect to become one of the leaders in his troop making sure that all feel included. One of the things that made tonight twice as nice was he got his Eagle with one of his close friends, Michael Winward. It has been a pleasure watching these two together. They have gone from playing with sticks, to shooting arrows and are each preparing for college and their missions. I love you my cute son.

1 comment:

Small House said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Crazy that these kids of ours are growing up so fast. I bet it was a wonderful night. Have a good one!! OH...So glad to hear you are going back to school. You've always wanted to do that. GOOD JOB!!!!
Sandra