Thursday, March 19, 2009

File:Balloons-aj.svg




HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Joshua is 15 today, I don't know how this happened to me, my baby is growing up. He is such a joy and appropriately spoiled as are all of my children. He is funny, kind, bright and calls me ma-ma in front of his friends. In our home for your birthday you get to pick the meal I prepare for dinner and he chose ribs with mashed potatoes and corn, no green vegetables for this picky boy. I asked what kind of cake he wanted a couple of days ago and he said "duh", well I didn't know what duh meant and he soon informed me it was Better than Sex Cake. OK, I can do that but I don't think he knows it takes all day for that cake. My baby is only 15 once so making a special dinner and a yummy cake is worth it.


I love you Josh!!!

5 comments:

Small House said...

Darn...I thought the youngest child was supposed to stop aging at 8!! What on earth is he doing?

Have a great day.
Sandra

Jess. said...

Treasure it, because next year he'll be 16 and then you'll really cry. At least you did when I turned 16!
I'd even take a guess that the kid already has a countdown to when he'll be able to (legally) drive.

Jess. said...

PS I love that you don't have a picture of the kid. It works well with the tradition of not documenting him.

Janalee, Ryan, Emilee said...

Along the lines of Jessica's comment, does he have a picture on the fridge yet? I will always think of you as the cute little boy that couldn't say his R's. Happy Birthday!

Lori said...

Happy belated birthday Joshua! Shauna, maybe you shouldn't blink then things won't change. Otherwise they go from diapers to driving in moments. PS I can't listen to the song "Don't Blink" these days. I am far too emotional.