Thursday, March 26, 2009

26 years and counting

The picture below is of the Teton Dam site disaster that happened in 1976, this is where Bart and I went on our first date.


http://www.visitidaho.org/assets/photos/hires/TetonDamSite1.jpg
"1976 Teton Dam Flood Site"



My cute husband just reminded me that 26 years ago today we had our first date . . . he claims he met the "girl" of his dreams. I don't think he knew that then, we met on a blind date and I was the fallback girl. I didn't want to go on a date with him, but my mom said just go, you might have fun. I don't think she realized that a little over 9 months later we would be married. Getting married was not on my to do list, but as organized and planned everything seems to be for me, I went with the flow and I am glad I did.

For all of you married friends and family take a moment and remember your first date, it will put a smile on your face and warm your heart. I love you Bart.

1 comment:

Janalee, Ryan, Emilee said...

Did you put on your red pants tonight?